Creating a plan for the next 12 weeks can be challenging for a scrum team, but things get really interesting when you have lots of teams. Learn and practice the skills that you will need for quarterly planning in a scaled up scrum environment. The whole workshop revolves around a simulation of an organization with nine scrum teams, too many dependencies, and too many really important strategic objectives. For a deeper look at the planning process read Strategic Planning For Scaled-Up Scrum: An Overview.
After this workshop participants will be able to:
- Visually map dependencies across multiple teams
- Create realistic dependency resolution schedules
- Estimate the business value of strategic initiatives
- Estimate the cost and time required for each initiative
- Use quantitative and qualitative approaches to pick which initiatives to pursue
- Create a multi-team plan to deliver the most important initiative(s)
The trainers kept us engaged. Good materials, learnings, and team collaboration!