This Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner (A-CSPO) workshop is designed to take product owners to the next level of knowledge, skill, and certification. Participants will need to already hold a Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) designation, as this workshop builds on that foundation.
Attendees will take part in experiential exercises and simulations that help you build the skills to:
- Define a clear product vision and focus on the features that delight customers.
- Communicate effectively with various stakeholder groups to achieve alignment.
- Identify the crucial opportunities and avoid wasting time chasing the latest shiny object.
- Define and validate business value.
- Prioritize initiatives from competing stakeholders.
- Craft minimum viable product (MVP) plans, as well as long-term roadmaps.
- Increase your credibility as a product expert and become recognized as a person who delivers real business results.
Set yourself apart by being one of the first in the world to earn this advanced certification from the Scrum Alliance!
What to expect:
Our instructional style is highly interactive, so you will be moving about, participating in games and simulations. Participation in any physical exercise is, of course, optional; in fact the role of “observer” is quite valuable! Feel free to participate at your ability and comfort levels.
When do we start and end each day? The classroom opens at 8:30 AM each day and class will begin promptly at 9:00 AM. We will end at 5:00 PM each day.
What should I bring? Yourself. You won’t need a laptop, but you are free to bring one. And yes, there is wifi so you can check your email.
Is there pre-work? Yes. There is about 4 hours of required online pre-work. We’ll send you a link after you register. Bring your completed pre-work to the in-person workshop, as we will be building on it.
Should I buy your book first? No need; you will receive a bound copy of our book, The Elements of Scrum . This book is a field guide to the real-world application of scrum, and reading it after the training will help cement your knowledge. If you just can’t wait, you can buy a copy of the book right here. In the meantime, you can read an excerpt here that chronicles a week in the life of a scrum team.
Our public workshops are subject to our cancellation and transfer policy.
Please email us if you have questions about the workshop.