By: Chris Sims
The standard Scrum Stand-up meeting, AKA 'The Daily Scrum', has each participant answering 3 questions:
- What have you got done since the last stand-up?
- What do you expect to get done by the next stand-up?
- What impediments are in your way?
I often recommend a fourth question. Ask the whole team: “How confident are you that we will meet our sprint goal?”
I recommend having the whole team answer using Fist To Five.
My friend Siraj also adds a fourth question, but he is more creative than I, and chooses a different question each day. Here are some of the questions on his list. I recommend reading his article: The Fourth Question, to see the rest.
- What did you learn yesterday?
- What surprised you yesterday?
- Do you think our "slate is clean"?
- How has your life changed today?